|Photo courtesy: Harry P. Leu Gardens
Ranked No. 1 cheapest destination in the U.S. to travel to by Hopper, Orlando offers visitors plenty of affordable options for the entire family, including a variety of FREE activities and experiences throughout the destination:
- Harry P. Leu Gardens offers free admission for guests the first Monday of the month. Visitors will discover the natural beauty of “Old Florida,” strolling through the 50 acres of lush gardens including the largest camellia collection in the South and a formal rose garden.
- The USTA National Campus in Lake Nona offers visitors an exciting way to enjoy tennis with top-notch facilities, a full agenda of tennis events and 100 fully lit courts. Family Zone 60' and 36' courts are available at no charge when programming isn’t scheduled.
- The West Orange Trail is a 20.8-mile paved trail runs from Winter Garden near Walt Disney World to Apopka, approximately 30 minutes north of downtown Orlando. Hiking and biking is free, and the trail also features playground equipment and other amenities. If you didn’t bring bicycles with you, you can rent them from West Orange Trail Bikes & Blades Co., which offers delivery to area hotels.
- Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards, located in Clermont, is Florida’s largest premium winery. Visitors can take a free tour of the estate, as well as sample wines in the tasting room daily. The winery also hosts several free events open to the public, including the Weekends at the Winery featuring live entertainment, delicious food offerings, an outdoor wine bar and more.
- If you want to sample some local flavor, look into our free farmers markets. Held in the aforementioned Lake Eola Park, the Orlando Farmers Market is held on Sundays. On Saturdays, you can take in the Winter Garden Farmers Market close to Disney, as well as the Winter Park Farmers' Market. (Please note that farmers markets are subject to cancelation or rescheduling.)
Additional information and ideas on free things to do in Orlando can be found here.