It’s a Dandy Time for Dads this Father’s Day at Walt Disney World Resort
Walt Disney World Resort is the place to give Dad the special treatment this Father’s Day. Day or night, it’s all about celebrating Dads, husbands and all the special guys who deserve the very best on their special day.
|(Steven Diaz, photographer)|
DAYTIME WITH DADIf Dad’s an adrenaline junkie, start the day with exhilarating rides and shows at any of the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks:
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
After returning to Earth, guests can grab their passports and head to Asia for a thrilling, high-speed climb into the Himalayas on Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain.
Car aficionados will get their fix on Test Track Presented by Chevrolet, where guests design a virtual concept vehicle and take it for a high-octane spin. Afterwards, Dad can pose for a picture with a Chevrolet dream car.
Head over to Soarin’ Around the World for a breezy, airborne adventure above some of the most breathtaking wonders the world has to offer.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Take a trip down memory lane on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, where Dad can relive his rock star days in a super-stretch limo featuring songs by Aerosmith.
SPORTS AND SNACKS
If sports are Dad’s thing, head over to the ESPN Club at Disney’s Boardwalk. With nearly 100 video monitors, each featuring global satellite feeds, families can watch virtually any televised game while enjoying a pub-style menu that includes popular items such as wings, loaded tots and craft-beer batter fish & chips. Dad can relax with delicious specialty cocktails and craft beers on tap, while surrounded by the best in televised sports entertainment—including a 108-square-foot video wall!
A Round of (Foot) Golf with Dad
What’s better than hitting the course with Dad? This Father’s Day, golfers 18 years-old and under play for free with Dad at all Walt Disney World Golf courses.
SUMMER NIGHT DELIGHTSAfter a day of park-hopping and sports, head to Disney Springs and treat Dad to specialty shops, amazing dining and entertainment. Here’s a sampling of what’s in store:
- The Boathouse is the only place in the world where Dads can thrill to a Captain’s Guided Tour in a vintage Amphicar that drives on land and enter the waters of Lake Buena Vista with a splash. The Boathouse is also home to one of the world’s largest collections of fully restored Dream Boats from the ‘30s, ‘40s, and ‘50s – from classic Chris-Crafts to a one-of-a-kind jet boat that once reached speeds of over 200mph.
- Live Entertainment – Treat Dad to great music and entertainment with any of the 25 live performers and acts that appear nightly at Disney Springs.
- Tommy Bahama, the retail location known for its island flair and garden-grove ambiance, is celebrating Dads and the “Boys of Summer” with MLB® With its new MLB Collection, on the field or in the stands, Dads can be game-ready in ball club gear.
- The Art of Shaving serves up high-end grooming greatness for the modern man. Fathers can choose from essentials that go from brushes and creams to razors and travel kits.
- Start with a meal fit for a champ at Paddlefish. This on-the-water restaurant will serve a special “T-Bone & Tail” Father’s Day meal – a 20oz T-Bone and cold water lobster tail with a classic béarnaise sauce for $59.
- Families can treat Dads to tasty drinks carefully paired with delicious dishes in the new Discover Bourbon at Disney Springs experience. Whether Dad is a bourbon aficionado or just enjoys sipping and savoring new drinks, this experience is perfect for an afternoon stroll or an evening out with family.
- For a sweet snack, Amorette’s Patisserie will offer dipped “Tuxedo” strawberries and special treats honoring a beloved Disney Dad – Geppetto from “Pinocchio.” The treats will be available June 14-17, 2018.